Venison, or deer meat, is a popular ingredient in many traditional dishes and a staple for many hunters. Not only is it delicious, but it is also a nutritious and healthy alternative to other meats. In this blog, we'll take a closer look at using venison to prepare a delicious meal, along with some cooking tips and a recipe that is sure to please.
Healthy Eating with Venison:
- Venison is a lean meat that is low in fat and calories, making it a healthier option than other meats such as beef.
- It is high in protein, which helps to build and repair muscles, and is also a good source of vitamins B and D, iron, and zinc.
- Venison is free of hormones and antibiotics, making it a safer and more natural option for those concerned about the use of these substances in food production.
- It is a sustainable and environmentally friendly option, as it is often hunted from local populations rather than being commercially farmed.
- Venison is versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, from stews and soups to roasts and stir-fries, making it a delicious and nutritious addition to any diet.
Venison Recipe: Grilled Venison Steaks with Herb Butter Ingredients:
- 4 venison steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, or parsley), finely chopped
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the steaks are cooking, mix together the minced garlic, softened butter, and chopped herbs.
- When the steaks are done cooking, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Top each steak with a generous dollop of the herb butter and serve immediately.
- Make sure the grill is hot before adding the steaks, this will help to create a nice sear and prevent sticking.
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes after cooking, as this allows the juices to redistribute and makes for a juicier and more tender steak.
- Experiment with different herbs and spices to find your preferred flavor profile.
Using venison to prepare a meal is a healthy and delicious option for those looking to add some variety to their diet. Whether you are a hunter or just looking for a healthier alternative to other meats, venison is a nutritious and versatile ingredient that is sure to please. So fire up the grill and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal with venison! Visit drawmoretags.com for more exciting info on how to DRAW MORE TAGS™!